In accordance with the Bylaws of Safe Refuge for Children + Families, we are required to have every board member, staff person, host family and volunteer sign and return to SRCF the following Statement of Faith. This statement of faith is directly from our Bylaws. Please read the following Statement of Faith.
Safe Refuge for Children + Families is committed to the following beliefs, arising out of its commitment to obediently serve Jesus Christ in all of its activities:
1. We believe that there is one God, eternally existing and manifesting Himself to us in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that man was created in the image of God, after His likeness, but the whole human race fell in the fall of the first Adam.
3. We believe man are justified on the simple and single ground of the shed blood of Christ and upon the simple and single condition of faith in Him.
4. We believe that all those who receive Jesus Christ as their Savior and their Lord, and who confess Him as such before their fellow men, become children of God and receive eternal life.
5. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God. The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are without error or misstatement in their moral and spiritual teaching and record of historical facts. They are without error or defect of any kind.
6. We believe that the Bible is clear in its teaching on the sanctity of life. Life begins at conception. We abhor the destruction of innocent human life through abortion on demand, infanticide or euthanasia as unbiblical and contrary to God’s will. Life is precious and in God’s hands.
7. We believe that Biblical marriage consists only of a faithful, heterosexual union between one genetic male and one genetic female, and biblical marriage is the only legitimate and acceptable context for a sexual relationship.
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Safe Refuge for Children & Families faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our board of directors is its final interpretive authority on the Bible’s application.
I/we have read the above Statement of Faith and I/we agree with and are willing to abide by such Statement of Faith.