Providing safe and healthy homes for children of families in crisis.
Get Help Section 2b
- Receive valuable time and support, allowing you to work out your problems without having to worry about losing custody of your children
- SRCF works with children 0-18; most children served are six years or younger
- Participation in SRCF is voluntary and is a no-cost service to parents
- Average length of stay is 4 days but can range from 2 days to 30+ days
- Parent(s) retain full legal custody
- Parents are encouraged to build a relationship with the host family and to remain active in their children’s lives during the hosting
- Parents know that approved host families are motivated by compassion, not financial gain; Host families are not paid for their service
- The approval process for our host families involves home assessment, extensive host family training and state and federal background checks
- SRCF is a faith-based program overseen by experienced, credentialed child welfare specialists
SRCF and the referral source work with the parents to determine how quickly the family can be reunited and help resolve the problems that created the crisis. When it is possible, children stay with families in their own communities. They continue their education without interruption in a school near the host family’s home.